To configure passwordless authentication, complete the following steps:
- Select Identity from the menu options
- Select Settings
The Settings screen displays.
- Select the Require Email Verification checkbox in the Authentication section
When selected, additional fields display, as illustrated below:
Enter the message you want to display in the text box.
Note: If you want to format the text, for example to use bold text, use the formatting bar at the top of the text box.
Enter the period in hours for which the link supplied in the verification email remains valid in the Authentication link timeout (hours) text box.
- Select the Save button
- Create a feature in which you want to use passwordless authentication, as described in the Add a Feature topic
Note: If you want to add passwordless authentication to an existing feature, you can edit the feature as described in the Edit a Version topic.
- Create a login or registration form as an outcome for the feature, as described in the Create a Login, Registration or Forgot Password Form topic
Ensure that the Use Passwordless Authentication checkbox is selected.
- Select the Save button to save the outcome
- Add the outcome to your rule as required
For further information on building rules, see the Rules Builder topic.
- Save and publish your rule
When passwordless authentication is configured, your end users can register and log in without setting a password.
Note: If you disable passwordless authentication, your end users must select the Reset Password link when they next log in and set a password to continue accessing your site.