Meters are used to give limited access to content on a one off basis. Unlike Meters, they do not recur. They are useful for Free Trial offerings, or for giving Users an insight into the content available to them on higher subscription levels.
To create a Credit, navigate to Entitlement Manager > Credits within the Zephr Admin Console and click Add Credit.
Complete the fields as follows:
- Label – a title for your Credit
- Description – an optional reference
- Unit – the unit of consumption for your Credit. In most cases this will be set to Views, to dictate the number of page views a User gets access to
- Quantity – the number of Credits to be given – e.g. 2 views
- Credit Counts – the way in which your Credit is counted:
- Unique Content
- Unique Content (Excluding URL parameters)
- Page Views
- Auto Assign – selecting auto assign means the Meter will automatically be granted to all users who fulfil certain predicates. Options include:
- None (Default)
- To All Users by default
- To All Anonymous Users by default
- To All Authenticated Users by default
Once you’ve completed this information, it’s time to manage your Credit by attaching one or more entitlements to it. There are no limits to how many of these are added to your Credit, so each Credit can become a unique blend of entitlements and subscription offerings. The deprecation of this Credit (the point where Zephr notes that 1 of the views has been used), takes place when any of the Entitlements attached to the Credit are checked for. Entitlements Checks are part of your Feature Rule and Request Rule options.
To Add Entitlements to your Credit, click Add Entitlements to reveal a list of all available Entitlements. Click Add to select your Entitlement. At any time you can remove selected Entitlements by selecting the Remove button.