Fixed trials grant access for a specific period.
To define a fixed trial, complete the following steps:
- Select Product from the main menu
- Select Features from the menu options
The Features screen displays.
- Select the feature for which you want to create a trial, or add a feature as described in the Add a Feature topic
- If you selected an existing feature, select the version for which you want to create a trial
- Select the user type to which you want to apply the rule
- In the Rules Builder, select the Advanced segment title
- Drag the Legacy Trials node to your canvas
The Trial dialog box displays, as illustrated below:
The fixed trial options display be default.
- Select the fixed period for which you want to grant the trial from the Recurring Frequency radio buttons. The options are as follows:
- One Off
This is the default. The end user only encounters the trial once.
Select the Daily radio button if you want to allow the end user to encounter the trial once a day.
Select the Weekly radio button if you want to allow the end user to encounter the trial once a week.
Select the Monthly radio button if you want to allow the end user to encounter the trial once a month.
Select the Custom radio button if you want to define a custom period.
If you select the Custom radio button, the following fields display:
Enter the length of time for which to run the trial in the Period text box
Select the unit in which to measure the period from the Unit drop-down menu.
- One Off
- Enter the number of views to allow in the Number of Views text box
Note: After saving the rule, and accessing the decision point again, the meters display above the Number of Views text box.
- If you selected any Recurring Frequency option except One Off, optionally enter the maximum number of views in the Up to a Maximum Number of Views (Optional) text box and select the period in which to count the maximum views from the drop-down menu. The options in the drop-down menu are as follows:
This is the default.
- Select how to measure the number of views from the Trial Type radio buttons. The options are as follows:
- Unique Content
Select this option to measure views of unique content only. This means that only a single view is counted if an end user views the same content more than once.
- Page View
Select this option to measure views of any page, whether it has been previously viewed by the end user or not.
Note: After saving the rule, and accessing the decision point again, the meters display above the Up to a Maximum Number of Views text box.
- Unique Content
- If you want to count pages with different query parameters as different views, select the Count pages with different query parameters separately checkbox
- If you want to use a different output for each remaining view, select the Add a Remaining View button from the Number of Views remaining section
A further field displays, enter the count for which the node output applies in the Remaining Count text box.
- If you want to report the use of the trial in the Data Layer:
- Select the Report trial usage in Data Layer toggle
- Define the information that you want to report by selecting the Report trial credits used and/or Report trial credits remaining toggles
- Enter the data layer key for the credits used in the Trial credits used data layer key text box, and/or the credits remaining in the Trial credits remaining data layer key text box